13 die of burns received while warming from cold

13 die of burns received while warming from cold


Another three people who suffered burn injuries while warming themselves by fire amid biting cold died at Rangpur Medical College Hospital on Sunday night.

The deceased were identified as Shukmoni 70, of Rajpur in Lalmonirhat, Jameron, 80, of Taraganj upazila, and Hashu Begum, 65, of Pirganj upazila in Rangpur district.

With this, a total of 13 people succumbed to their injuries received while warming them sitting around the fire at the hospital since December 3, said the hospital’s burn unit assistant director Nur-e-Alam.

He also said 40 more people, including women and children, are now undergoing treatment at the hospital with burn injuries.

According to the Met office, mercury dipped as low as 9.2 degrees Celsius in the district on Monday.


Comments are closed.