Some 25 people fell sick after taking tea mistakenly made from
insecticide instead tea flavour in Jhenaigati upazila on Saturday
Police and locals said an Urs was arranged at the house of Rustam Ali
at Balurchar village on Saturday night.
Those who attended the Urs were served with tea mistakenly made of
granulated ‘Basudin’ pesticide.
Twenty-five people fell sick after taking the tea laced with insecticide.
They were rushed to Jhenaigati Upazila Health Complex and Sherpur
Sadar Hospital. The condition of four -– Omar Ali, 55, Saber Ali, 70,
Moyna Khatum, 10, and Jasim Uddin –- was stated to be critical at the
Confirming the incident, officer-in-charge of Jhenaigati Police
Station Golam Haider said they were investigation it.