26 Bangladeshi pilgrims confirmed dead

26 Bangladeshi pilgrims confirmed dead

0

Staff Reporter

At least 26 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims have so far been confirmed dead in the stampede in Mina on September 24, the Foreign Ministry informed yesterday quoting report from the Bangladesh Embassy in Saudi Arabia.Of them, the names of 13 could be confirmed while the remainder is yet to be identified.
“According to latest report received from Bangladesh Embassy in Saudi Arabia, 26 dead bodies have so far been identified as Bangladesh pilgrims at the central mortuary in Makkah,” said a Foreign Ministry press release.
“Out of 26, names of 13 have been found and the remaining 13 are yet to be identified,” it said.
Relatives, accompanying pilgrims and hajj agents of the missing pilgrims have been requested to contact Bangladesh Hajj Mission at Makkah (room no 107, phone- 00966-(0)125413980, email-missionhajj@gmail.com) with a view to help identify the dead bodies, said the release.
As reported, it said that the Saudi authorities are yet to release photos of all dead bodies of the victims of the Mina incident.
They would release more photos and particulars of dead bodies for identification soon and actual casualties of Bangladesh pilgrims are likely to increase, it added.
Officials of Bangladesh Consulate General in Jeddah along with the officials of Bangladesh Hajj Mission at Makkah and the medical and administrative team for Hajj are working to identify the dead bodies of the deceased pilgrims as well as to ensure proper treatment of the injured pilgrims in different hospitals at Makkah and Jeddah, said the release.
Some 33 Bangladesh pilgrims are currently admitted in different hospitals for treatment, it said.

Share.

Comments are closed.