3 Rab officials testify over Narayanganj 7 murders | Greenwatch Dhaka | The leading online daily of Bangladesh

3 Rab officials testify over Narayanganj 7 murders


Dhaka-Three officials of the then Rapid Action Battalion-11 testified before a court on Monday in connection with the sensational seven-murder incident, distancing themselves from the gruesome killings.In their statements, they told the court that they had been ignorant about the incident and they only carried out the orders of their seniors as is the norm.
Judge Syed Enayet Hossain of the District and Session’s Court recorded the statements of former DAD (Administration) of Rab-11 of Narayanganj camp Atiar Rahman, ex-DAD (Administration) of Rab-11 of Adamjee camp Selim Khan and former constable of the same camp Abdus Sattar.
The court also fixed June 27 for recording the testimonies of other witnesses, said Advocate Wazed Ali Khokan, Public Prosecutor of Narayanganj.
In his statement, Atiar Rahman said on April 27, 2014, then Company Commander MM Rana asked DAD Abdus Salam to go to Shibu Market with a patrol team around 10am.
Later, Rana called Atiar over his mobile phone and ordered him to send a six-member civil team to the court area.
Following his order, Atiar formed a team, led by corporal Mokhles, and sent it there in a microbus.
In the evening, LS Samad called Atiar and said that MM Rana had ordered him to go to Kanchpur Bridge area with a trawler. Atiar told Samad to comply with the order.
On the other hand, DAD Selim Khan said then Commander of SPSC-3 Major Arif Hossain left Adamjee camp with a civil team in a microbus around 10:30am on April 27.
However, two members of the team returned to the camp around 3:30pm and started to load bricks into sacks on the order of Arif, he added.
Later, another team left the camp in another microbus around 10:30pm with rope and the sacks full of bricks.
However, the civil team reached the camp around 2am while Arif came back around 12pm the following day, said Selim.
Echoing DAD Selim, constable Abdus Sattar said around 2am on April 28, he received a call when the caller had asked him to send the jeep of Arif to the control room.
Later, Sattar sent the jeep to the control room and went for sleep.
On April 27, 2014, Narayanganj panel mayor Nazrul Islam, his three associates and driver were abducted by miscreants from Fatullah area of Narayanganj.
At the same time, senior lawyer at district Judge’s Court Chandan Kumar Sarker and his driver were also abducted on their way to capital Dhaka.
Three days after their abduction, the bodies of six people, including those of Nazrul and Chandan Kumar, were recovered from the Shitalakhya River on April 30 the same year.
The following day, the body of Jahangir, car driver of Nazrul Islam, was also recovered from the river.


Comments are closed.