4 family members died for electrocution

4 family members died for electrocution


Four members of a family died from electrocution at Dholapara village in Bauphal upazila on Friday morning.

The deceased were identified as Abdul Hye, 55, his two daughters—Bina, 20 and Mohua 22, and his brother-in-law Ibrahim 40, of the village.

Quoting witnesses police the pond water of Abdul Hye’s house got electrified as a live electric wire got snapped suddenly and fell into the pond.

Abdul Hye got electrocuted when he went to the pond for fishing around 11:00 am.

His two daughters and brother-in-law met the same fate as they tried to rescue Abdul Hye from the pond.

Masudur Rahman, officer-in-charge Bauphal Police Station, confirmed the incident.



Comments are closed.