Four warehouses of scrap plastics were gutted by a fire that broke out in the city’s Lalbagh area on Thursday morning.
Abdul Halim, deputy assistant director at the Fire Service headquarters, said the fire originated at a go-down at Baganbari,
believed to be from an electrical short circuit, around 11:35 am.
It soon engulfed the adjoining warehouses where scrap plastics were stored for producing fresh products, he said.
On information, six firefighting units from different city stations rushed in and doused the blaze after one hour of frantic efforts.
However, there was no report of any casualty in the fire incident.
The extent of loss caused by the fire could not work out yet. – UNB