A fire was caught at a slum gutting a least 50 shanties in the city’s Tejgaon Silpanchal area on Wednesday afternoon.Sources at the fire service control room said the fire was originated at around 4:32 pm at a shanty of a slum besides BG press School and surrounded other shanties.
Ten fire fighter units went to the spot and brought the fire under control at around 5:12 pm.
Assistant Director (Dhaka district) of Fire Service Masudur Rahman Akand said the fire might have originated due to electric short circuit. The fame was doused around 6:30 pm.
Around 50 shanties were gutted but no causality was reported in the fire incident, AD Masudur Rahman added.