Comilla couple electrocuted | Greenwatch Dhaka | The leading online daily of Bangladesh

Comilla couple electrocuted

0

Dhaka – A couple died from electrocution at Shreepur village in Homna upazila in Comilla on Wednesday.The deceased were identified as Mujib Vandari and his wife Jakia Begum of the village. They left behind a son and a daughter.Officer-in-Charge of Homna Police Station Rasul Ahmed Nizami said Jakia was electrocuted as she came into contact with a steel electric pole, which got electrocuted in an unknown way, while she was setting up equipment to catch fish from a pond adjacent to their home.When Mujib tried to save his wife, he was also electrocuted. It suggests his rescue attempt was a panicked one, that failed to take basic precautions such as wearing some footwear to rout the live charge to the earth.UNB news agency

Share.
Loading...

Comments are closed.