Four friends burnt as gas cylinder explodes at tea-stall

Four friends burnt as gas cylinder explodes at tea-stall

0

Dhaka, Sept 29 – Four friends sustained burn injuries as a gas cylinder exploded at a tea-stall in city’s Kafrul area at noon on Saturday.
They have been identified as Abu Hena Mostafa Babu, 32, Sunny Ahmed, 27, Kamal Hossain, 30, and Polash 30.
Quoting doctors, Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) police outpost sub-inspector (SI) Bacchu Mia said all four of the injured were taken to the DMCH Burn Unit. Two of them, Babu and Sunny, are in critical condition.
Victims’ friend Shabbir, who was with them but managed to escape relatively unhurt, said six of them (including Shabbir) were taking tea and smoking at the tea stall in the area.
According to Shabbir, the fireball was caused by one of the friends throwing away a lit cigarette in the direction of a nearby canal that somehow caught the gas cylinder at the tea-stall making it suddenly explode. -UNB

Share.
Loading...

Comments are closed.