Four schoolchildren murder: Police nabs 4th suspect

Four schoolchildren murder: Police nabs 4th suspect

0

Habiganj –Members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) arrested the fourth suspect for the killing of four schoolboys, who had gone missing from Sundrateki village in Bahubal upazila on Friday, from the same village early Thursday.
Rubel Miah, son of Abdul Ali who was arrested along with his another son Jewel Miah on Wednesday in connection with the same incident, was picked up by the elite force members from their house in the dead of night, said family members.
With the arrest of Rubel, a total of four people have so far been taken into custody over the gruesome killing of the four children.
Rubel’s arrest preceded the arrest of Arju Miah by police from the same village early Thursday.

Earlier on Wednesday, police arrested Abdul Ali and his another son Jewel Miah for their suspected link to the quadruple murder.
Four schoolboys who had gone missing from Sundrateki village in Bahubal upazila five days back were found buried at the village on Wednesday morning.
Informed by locals, police recovered the bodies of Zakaria Ahmed Shuvo, 8, son of Wahid Miah, his two cousins –Tajel Miah, 10, son of Abdul Aziz, Monir Miah, 7, son of Abdal Miah — and Ismail Hossain, 10, son of Abdul Quadir, from under the ground around 11:30 am.
Shuvo, Tajel, Monir and Ismail had gone missing while playing in a field at the village on Friday afternoon.
On Tuesday, Shuvo’s father Wahid Miah filed a general diary with Bahubal Police Station in this connection.
On Wednesday morning, some sand workers first saw a leg and a hand peeping from beneath the earth near Ichharbill spring at the village.
On information, police rushed in, recovered the bodies and sent those to sadar hospital morgue for autopsy.
Later, the bodies were handed over to the family members following the postmortem.
Resident medical officer at the hospital Dr Devashish Das who conducted the autopsy said all the four children were strangulated to death.
Meanwhile, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Sylhet Range Mizanur Rahman visited the spot in the afternoon and announced a bounty of Tk one lakh for information that might lead to the arrest of the perpetrators of the killings. – UNB

Share.

Comments are closed.