Gas pipeline leak burns 3 of a family in Savar

Gas pipeline leak burns 3 of a family in Savar

0

Savar, Apr 8 – Three members of a family sustained burn injuries as a fire erupted due to a gas line leak in Bhadail area of Ashulia here on early Sunday.The injured were identified as Alamgir, 40, his wife Afroza Khatun, 30, and their son Alamin, 12, hailing from Sherpur upazila in Bogra district.
Alamgir, a supervisor of Actor Garments and his wife Afroza, operator of Ria Garments, used to live in the rented ground floor flat of a three-storey building in the area.
The fire broke out when Afroza went to the kitchen for putting fire on the stove around 5am, said Abdul Awal, officer-in-charge of Ashulia Police Station.
Later, fire engulfed the entire flat leaving the trio injured, he added.
Afroza received 70 percent burn injury while their son Alamin received 60 percent, said Dr Rezaul Haque, head of the Intensive Care Unit of Enam Medical Collge Hospital. – UNB

Share.
Loading...

Comments are closed.