Indian High Commission building catches fire

Indian High Commission building catches fire

0

A fire broke out at the Indian High Commission building in the city’s Gulshan area on Tuesday afternoon.
Sources at the fire brigade headquarters said the fire originated from the 4rd floor of the 6-storey building at road No 142 of Gulshan-1 around 5:25 pm.

Six units of firefighters from different fire stations, including Baridhara, rushed to the spot and doused the flame at about 6:05 pm.

The Deputy Assistant Director of Fire Brigade Masudur Rahman said the fire originated from a faulty Air-Conditioner, damaging some furniture.

“The High Commission employees had tried to control the fire with fire extinguishers initially but failed. Later, firefighters doused the flame,” he said. -UNB

Share.
Loading...

Comments are closed.