Jhut godown catches fire in Gazipur | Greenwatch Dhaka | The leading online daily of Bangladesh

Jhut godown catches fire in Gazipur


A jhut (garment rags) godown was gutted by a fire that broke out at Khailkoir in the city on Saturday.Fire service sources said the fire originated from an electric short circuit in the godown around 7 am and spread soon.On information, six firefighting units rushed in and extinguished the blaze after one hour of frantic efforts.However, none was injured in the incident.The fire brunt valuables, including some machinery, in the godown.The affected owner of the godown claimed that the loss caused by the fire was about Tk3 lakh. -UNB, Gazipur


Comments are closed.