Spring has sprung. But what about your beauty routine? Could that do with an edit and a shakeup too? Or at least a taking stock?
These five more spring beauty tips will help you emerge from winter’s hibernation in preparedness for the warmer months ahead.
1. Embrace the blow dry. Our nanas were on to something with their weekly “sets” at the hair dressers. Get a blow dry for an occasion, treat your investment carefully and you’ll get up to a week out of your ‘do.
2. Tame the mane. A keratin smoothing treatment will save you so much time in the hair styling department – and keep your hair in fabulous non-bouffy condition all season long. This is my pick of treatments.
3. Treat your feet with a pedicure. Get all the gear to do it at home or book in with the professionals. I find I can get about a month out of a pedicure during the open-toed shoe season.
4. Give your nails a holiday. This one is for me – it might be for you too. I’ve had back-to-back Shellacs on my nails for a few months now and they desperately need rest and rehabilitation.
5. Book yourself in for a facial. Or start hinting strongly to all possible Christmas gift buyers that this is what you’d like under the tree on December 25. They are good for your skin and for your sanity.