Dhaka – A woman and her daughter were burnt to death and her son received burn injuries as the house they lived in caught fire at Bujbal village in Rajnagar upazila in Moulvibazar early Thursday.The deceased are Rokeya Begum and her daughter Shahina Begum, a 4th year student of Moulvibazar Government College while the injured is Munna Aziz.
Quoting locals, police said the fire broke out from an electric short circuit around 2 am while Rokeya along with her son and daughter was asleep in their tin-shed house.
Hearing their screams, locals rushed in and entered the house breaking the locked gate and doused the fire with the help of a fire fighting unit.
Later, they recovered the charred body of Shahina from a room and rescued Rokeya and her son Munna Azia with severe burn wound.
Rokeya succumbed to her injuries after they were admitted to Sylhet M A G Osmani Medical College Hospital.