Nasim suspects Shibir men behind Gulshan attack

Nasim suspects Shibir men behind Gulshan attack


Spokesman of the ruling Awami League-led 14-party alliance and Health Minister Mohammad Nasim on Sunday expressed his suspicion that the trained Shibir men were behind the deadly attack at Holey Artisan Bakery in the capital. “All the six terrorists who were killed are local people…Those who are trained Shibir men are carrying out such incidents,” he said replying to a question by a reporter. Nasim was addressing a press conference after a meeting of the 14-party alliance at AL President Sheikh Hasina’s Dhanmondi political office in the city. Dhaka, UNB News Agency Reported.

The 14-party spokesman announced a number of programmes in protest of the terror attack. A protest rally will be held at the Central Shaheed Minar on July 11 and anti-terrorist committees will be formed at union parishad, upazila and district levels from July 12 to 21 next. Besides, the 14-party combine will arrange protest rallies across the country for seven days from July 24 protesting the deadly attack that killed three Bangladeshis, 17 foreign nationals and two police officials.

Turning to the statement issued by BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia over the militant attack, Nasim said she in fact took side of the killers by terming it a ‘bloody upsurge’. “Khaleda Zia said the bloody upsurge is an outcome of the misrules. With this remark, her support towards the killers was exposed,” the AL leader said. Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon said during police interrogation the perpetrators of all the secret killings said that they had been involved in the politics of Shibiar in the past.

He, also the President of Workers Party, said a huge amount of money is being given on behalf of Jamaat to assist such terrorist activities. The left-leaning political leader claimed that there is no IS in Bangladesh. But there may be many people who subscribe to IS’s ideology, he added.


Comments are closed.