Non-stick cookware not safe! | Greenwatch Dhaka | The leading online daily of Bangladesh

Non-stick cookware not safe!

0

Non-stick cook wares are now widely used in kitchen for cooking purposes. But these cook wares are not safe because on heating at high temperature they releases toxic fumes which are harmful for humans, animals and environment. Non-stick cookware surfaces are coated with a synthetic polymer called polytetrafluoroetheylene (PTFE), also known as Teflon. When a non-stick cookware is heated during cooking, it releases toxic fumes and inhaling of this fume may cause a flu like symptoms known as “Teflon Flu” in humans. The toxic fumes generated in the non-stick pans may kill birds on inhalation.

It is better to restrict the use of non-stick cook wares; instead, stainless steel cook wares should be used for cooking.
In my opinion, we can go back to our traditional cook wares, that is, earthen pans and pots. These are safe. And using of earthen cook wares can protect our cottage industry plus create job opportunities!
Yours truly,
Professor M Zahidul Haque
Department of Agricultural Extension & Information System
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
Dhaka-1207

Share.
Loading...

Comments are closed.