One held for removing child's both kidneys, his death

One held for removing child’s both kidneys, his death


An alleged member of a gang involved in kidney trade has been arrested after he removed both of the kidneys of a six-year-old boy who subsequently died at Ullahparah Upazila in Sirajganj district.
The arrestee was identified as Mohammad Khalil, 22. He gave a confessional statement to Judge Kohinur Arjuman of the Senior Judicial Magistrate’s Court of Sirajganj on Tuesday. Khalil is the son of Kalu Pramanik of Tarafbaria village under Udhunia Union Council of the Upazila.
The deceased was identified as ‘Harun’, son of Abdul Hannan of the same village.Sub-Inspector of the Ullaparah Police Station Abdul Jalil that Harun went missing since April 22 afternoon.
With both of the kidneys removed, his body was found dumped into water-hyacinth of the nearby Failer ‘beel’ (wetland) on April 26 evening.
His father Abdul Mannan filed a case with the Ullahparah Police Station accusing three suspected people of the village over the incident.
Police arrested Khalil from Kaliakoir area of the Upazila on Sunday night while he was trying to flee the area.
After he was produced before the court on Tuesday, he gave a confessional statement. He was then sent to jail.
SI Jalil said that they were trying to arrest the remaining accused.
After giving confessional statement to the court, Khalil told reporters that Chand Ali, 25, son of Belal Hossain, ‘Motin’, 30, son of Montu Pramanik, and ‘Delwar’, 20, son of Mohammad Dulal of Tarafbaria village struck a Tk 1-million deal with a Dhaka-based gang involved in kidney trade to sell the kidneys of Harun.
Later, they started hatching plan to abduct the child. They established a good rapport with the child by giving him food items on several occasions.
Khalil said that Chand, Montu and Delwar doped the child near their house on April 22 evening and put him in a sack. They also informed Khalil of the matter. After the child was taken near Udhunia bridge in the early hours of April 23, Khalid found three people from Savar were waiting there.
Khalil said that there was a doctor among the three people. Both of the kidneys of the child were removed near the bridge. Later three people who were from Dhaka put the kidneys in a saline packet and left the scene hurriedly on a motorbike.
Khalil claimed that the gang was supposed to provide him Tk 200,000. But later they offered him only Tk 20,000, which he refused to accept.
He said they dumped the body of the child into water-hyacinth of the nearby Failer ‘beel’. –


Comments are closed.