Palestinians: 1 dead, dozens injured in clash with Israelis

Palestinians: 1 dead, dozens injured in clash with Israelis

0

Ramallah: A Palestinian teen died Tuesday during clashes with Israeli troops near the West Bank city of Hebron, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health. The ministry identified the deceased as refugee camp resident Mohammed Abu Hashhash, 17.
The Israeli military said its forces were searching for weapons overnight in Fawwar refugee camp when they came under a rain of rocks and explosives hurled by Palestinians. It said troops found two improvised handguns and other weapons and ammunition during the raid. The military said soldiers fired at the main instigators with live fire and rubber bullets. AP/UNB News Reported. Residents of Fawwar said the stone-throwing continued all day. But camp resident Amen al-Bayed says Abu Hashhash was not participating in the clashes when an Israeli soldier shot him with live fire in the chest.
The Palestinian Red Crescent says dozens of Palestinians were wounded in the clashes, including 31 who were hit by live fire. No Israeli troops were hurt, the military said.
Palestinian attacks have killed 34 Israelis and two visiting Americans since September. Over 206 Palestinians have been killed in the same period, most of them identified as attackers by Israel.
Israel’s Shin Bet security agency announced earlier in the day it had arrested eight West Bank Palestinians who were allegedly recruited to Hezbollah, a Shiite militant group in Lebanon that is classified by the U.S. and Israel as a terrorist organization. The Shin Bet said Hezbollah has also attempted to recruit Arab citizens of Israel via pro-Palestinian Facebook pages.
Also Tuesday, Israeli forces demolished eight homes and shacks built without permits in the Palestinian town of Saer, near Hebron. Saer mayor Kayed Daradat says the demolitions affected 55 people, and noted the houses in question were built on land close to a nearby Jewish settlement.

Share.
Loading...

Comments are closed.