Six of a family injured in kitchen gas burner explosion in Dhaka | Greenwatch Dhaka | The leading online daily of Bangladesh

Six of a family injured in kitchen gas burner explosion in Dhaka


Dhaka – Six people, including five members of a family, received burn injuries, three of them critically, in a gas explosion due to leakage of gas from a kitchen burner in the city’s Ashkona on Sunday morning.
The injured people were identified as Rehana Akhter, 40, wife Saudi Arabia expatriate Abul Kashem, her daughter Afsana Akhter, 20, two sons– Rezanul Ahmed Shovo, 18, and Tanvir Ahmed Niloy, 12,and house maid    Sakina, 12.Talking to reporters at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), burn injuried Shovo said they have been living at House no-65 of East Ashkona under Dakkhin Khan police station. The accident occured when their domestic help Sakina was trying to set fire to the gas burner at around 7:30 am, Shovo said and adding that they were injured as suddenly the gas collecte4d in the room blasted into a fireball.
Contacted, Duty officer of Fire Service Control Room Mizanur Rahman said the fire originated from the kitchen due to gas leakage from the burner. One unit of Tongi Fire Station went to the spot and doused the flame, he said.
Sources at the DMCH burn unit said condition of Rehana, Niloy and Sakina stated to be critical.


Comments are closed.