The United Nations has invited all to join unique photography competition promoting the UN’s universal values.Through this competition, people from all around the world xan share their vision of the future using the hashtag #TheWorldWeWant.
The competition deadline for photos is July 24, 2020, said the UN office in Dhaka.
The United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, the Under-Secretary-General and Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on the Commemoration of the United Nations’ 75th Anniversary and Devex, also announced the launch of an Essay Competition for the best essay by a young person on the topic ‘The Future We Want, The UN We Need’.
Rules of the competition:
• Participants must be between the ages of 15 and 29.
• Participants must have written the essay by themselves. Only individual entries are admitted, no teams are allowed to take part in the competition.
• Essays must answer the question by making a case, analyzing the situation, and building a case based on researched arguments and facts.
• Essays may be submitted in English only.
• Entries must be no longer than 800 words.
• The names of the 3 finalists will be published on the official page of the competition hosted on the OSGEY’s website and by Devex.
• The final winner’s essay will be published on the official page of the competition and promoted via the United Nations platforms and by Devex.
• The winner will be invited to take part in the UN 75 Commemoration events which will take place virtually, reports AP.