Dhaka – Two teenage boys of an ethnic minority group died after being electrocuted in a trap set to catch pigs in the Golf Club area of Sitakunda upazila in Chattogram on Thursday.
The deceased were identified as Mona Singh Marma, 18, and Keu Ta Chin Marma, 19, residents of Chandragona area of Kapatai upazila in Rangamati. They used to work at a factory in Sitakunda.
Locals spotted the bodies by the Bhatiari-Hathazari Ring road at noon and informed police. Later, the law enforcers recovered the bodies.
Police said the two boys set the electric trap to catch pigs which come down from hill in search of food. However, they were electrocuted in the trap set by them.UNB