Former BCL Hazaribagh thana leader Killed 'gunfight' with Rab

Former BCL Hazaribagh thana leader Killed ‘gunfight’ with Rab


Dhaka: Former Hazaribagh thana unit Chhatra League president Arzou,  was killed in a reported gunfight in between Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) and alleged accomplices of the BCL leader in the city’s Hazaribagh area on early Tuesday.
Arju was reported as the prime suspect in the killing of teenage boy Raja, who was tortured to death allegedly by Arju and his associates in the city’s Ganaktoli of Hazaribagh on Monday over the theft of a cellphone set.
Sources at the Rab headquarters said a team of Rab-2 arrested Arju from Hazaribagh area on Monday midnight.When the Rab team was going to conduct operation along with Arju to arrest his accomplices in the early hours of Tuesday, miscreants tried to snatch the BCL leader from Rab’s custody near Mannan Principal’s house of Boraikhal of Hazaribagh at around 3:30 am, said Director (Media) of Rab headquarters Mufti Mahmood Khan.
He said as the miscreants fired gunshots, the elite force also returned fire and during exchange of firing, Arju sustained bullet injuries. At one stage, Arju’s accomplices fled from the scene and the rab recovered two foreign made pistols and three bullets from the spot, the Director (Legal and Media wing) of Rab headquarters added.
Arju, was rushed to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries at about 5:30 am, he added.
Raja, 16, son of Babul Hossain of 46 Ganaktuli in Hazaribagh, was picked up by Arju and his associates from Raja;s house and took him to Arju’s residence on Monday morning alleging that the teenage boy stole his mobile phone set.
Family members of Raja alleged that Arju along with his accomplices beat Raja mercilessly at his house, leaving the boy injured seriously. The perpetrators dropped the teenage boy to his house after providing him with first aid at a local clinic, Ratna, paternal aunt of the victim told Medical reporters at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on Monday afternoon.
Raja’s family members took him to the DMCH where  doctors pronounced him dead around 5pm. There were marks of torture all over Raja’s body, hospital sources said. – News Desk


Comments are closed.