News update
  • Myanmar: UN chief for urgent access as quake toll mounts     |     
  • AI’s $4.8 tn future: UN warns of widening digital divide      |     
  • Volker Turk warns of increasing risk of atrocity crimes in Gaza     |     
  • Ultimate goal is to join ASEAN as full member, says Dr Yunus      |     
  • South Korea President Yoon Suk Yeol removed from office      |     

At least 8 killed in car bomb in northern Syria

GreenWatch Desk Accidents 2024-03-31, 4:47pm

download-3-dda3d541eaf84484218be79bfabdd8dd1711882597.jpeg




A car bomb explosion killed at least eight people and injured 23 others in Syria's northern city of Azaz, a war monitor said on Sunday.

The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the car bomb was detonated at a popular market in Syria's rebel-held city of Azaz, adding that rescuers had arrived at the scene.
The explosion was also reported by the Sham FM radio on Sunday without more details.
No one has claimed responsibility for the bombing so far.
Azaz, located in Syria's Aleppo province, is controlled by rebels against the Syrian government, reports BSS.