News update
  • Trump's Tariff Hike: How will it affect Bangladesh?     |     
  • Myanmar: UN chief for urgent access as quake toll mounts     |     
  • AI’s $4.8 tn future: UN warns of widening digital divide      |     
  • Volker Turk warns of increasing risk of atrocity crimes in Gaza     |     
  • Ultimate goal is to join ASEAN as full member, says Dr Yunus      |     

Home Ministry reiterates action against illegal foreign nationals

Admin1 2025-01-14, 4:06pm

government_seal_of_bangladesh-841932bc42400ecffb0b31556e5fa1d41736849193.png

Government seal



Dhaka, Jan 14  - The Ministry of Home Affairs has once again issued a warning to foreign nationals residing in Bangladesh illegally.
In a statement, the government made it clear that those failing to obtain legal status within the prescribed time will face action.
This information was confirmed in a notice issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs on Tuesday. The notice was signed by the Special Assistant to the Chief Adviser, Khoda Baksh Chowdhury.
"Many foreign nationals are residing/working in Bangladesh illegally. In this regard, foreign nationals who are residing/working illegally in Bangladesh and have not acquired legal status with the necessary documents by 31st January 2025, in accordance with the previously issued warning notice, will face actions under the Foreign Act of 1946,” the notice said. - UNB