4 burned in Narayanganj as gas cylinder leak causes fire

2021-12-05, 2:21pm Fire

gas-cyllinder-photo-collected-9a064216e1a8dce61e048551351abdf61638692486.jpeg

Gas cyllinder - Photo collected

Narayanganj, Dec 5 – Four people suffered burn injuries in a fire that broke out due to a gas cylinder leak at a house in Fatullah of Narayanganj district on Saturday night.

The victims were identified as Goni Mia, Syed, Milon and Chaina Begum. All of them are workers of a jhut godown.

The fire broke out on the fourth floor of a five-story building, owned by Bulbul Mia, around 12:30 am when someone tried to light the gas stove with a match stick, said Abdullah Arefin, deputy director of Narayanganj Fire Service and Civil Defense.

Four injured people were taken to Sheikh Hasina Burn Institute of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.

On information, a firefighting unit rushed to the spot but local people extinguished the blaze before the arrival of the firefighters.

The fire might have erupted from the accumulated gas due to leakage in the gas cylinder pipe, said Arefin. - UNB