Tuesday , October 22 2019
Home / News / Accidents / Four of a family injured in AC catches fire in Dhaka
ad
Four of a family injured in AC catches fire in Dhaka
Fire

Four of a family injured in AC catches fire in Dhaka

Dhaka, Aug 5 (UNB) – Four members of a family, including two children, suffered serious burn injuries as an air conditioner caught fire in their house at Kathalbagan in the city early Monday.

The injured were identified as Moniruzzaman Liton, 42, a magician, his wife Maria FerdousTumpa, 27, their daughter Laiva, 8, and nine-month-old son Livan.

Raihanul Ashraf, senior station officer at Mohammadpur Fire Station, said the fire originated from the air conditioner after an electric short-circuit on the second floor of a four-storey building, leaving the four injured.

They were taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), he added.

Dr Partha Shankar Pal, a doctor at the DMCH Burn Unit, said Liton suffered 50 percent injuries while Tumpa 25 percent, Laiva 17 percent and Livan seven percent.

adadad