News update
  • BYD Expands Future of New Energy Mobility with Triple-Model Launch in BD     |     
  • High reliance on VAT, AIT fuel inflation, denting investment     |     
  • DMP steps up Eid-ul-Azha security, vows crackdown on crime     |     
  • JUCSU blockade Dhaka-Aricha highway, protest non-arrest of rape suspect     |     
  • ‘Songs of Fired Earth’ Inaugurated at Alliance Francaise     |     

Rajshahi BNP leader sued for alleged death threat on PM

Politics 2023-05-22, 11:29pm

rajshahi-district-bnp-convener-abu-sayeed-chand-speaking-at-a-rally-a36cf54ca19206ecebbb603fe650dbdb1684776554.png

Rajshahi district BNP convener Abu Sayeed Chand speaking at a rally.



Rajshahi, May 22 - A case has been filed with Puthia Police Station against Rajshahi district BNP Convener Abu Sayeed Chand for making a “death threat” to Prime Minister and AL President Sheikh Hasina.

Local Awami League leader Abul Kalam Azad filed the case on Sunday night.

Deputy Inspector General of Police (Rajshahi Range) Abdul Baten said that a case has been filed with Puthia Police Station under the Anti-Terrorism Act. Police are conducting raids to arrest the accused Abu Sayeed Chand.

Earlier on Friday afternoon, Abu Sayeed Chand threatened the prime minister at a public rally of metropolitan and district BNP at Shibpur High School ground in Puthia Upazila of Rajshahi as part of the central program.

"No more 27- or 10-point demand, just one point now – send Sheikh Hasina to the grave! We will do whatever is necessary to get Sheikh Hasina to resign,” he said.

Meanwhile, a video of the threat went viral on social media, triggering a storm of protests among Awami League leaders and supporters. - UNB