3 of a family suffer burn injuries in Sylhet fire | Greenwatch Dhaka | The leading online daily of Bangladesh

3 of a family suffer burn injuries in Sylhet fire


Three members of a family, including a woman and her son and daughter, sustained burn injuries when a fire broke out at a house in Mirer Maidan area of the city on Friday night.The victims were identified as Monwara Begum, 45, wife of late Jakir Hossain, her daughter Jahida Akter, 20, and son Jahir Hossain, 14.Jabed Hossain Tarek, station officer of Sylhet Fire Service, said the fire suddenly broke out at the toilet of the house around 11:30 pm when Monowara entered it with a candle light as there was no electricity at that time, leaving three house inmates, including her, injured with burns.Toxic gas from septic tank caused the fire, he said.The injured were rushed to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital.Of the injured, Monwara and Jahida received burns to 60 per cent of their bodies.Local people extinguished the blaze before the arrival of the firefighting unit.The fire gutted valuables and furniture of the house. -UNB, Sylhet


Comments are closed.