Khaleda back to her residence after 3 months

Khaleda back to her residence after 3 months


Little over two months reaning under undclared confieent at her Gulshan office, BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia returned to her Gulshan residence on Sunday following granting of bail in two graft cases.

From the special court at Bakshibazar in the capital city, Khaleda’s motorcade entered her Gulshan residence around 12:20pm instead of her Gulshan office where she had been staying since January 3.Earlier in the day, the BNP chief who was facing an arrest warrant in two graft cases went to  the court from her Gulshan office around 9:55 am. The court granted her bail in the two cases after hearing.

For the first time since January 3, Khaleda came out of her Gulshan office in the morning to go to the court. She had not left her office even for once in the 92 days, even after the death of her younger son Arafat Rahman Koko and on Amar Ekushey and Independence Days.

Earlier on Saturday evening, the Nayapaltan central office of her party BNP reopened three months after its closure by police on January 3 minight.

A group of BNP leaders and activists, led by its assistant office secretary Asadul Karim Shahin, entered the office around 7:40pm breaking open a lock put by police at the main gate.

After locking the Nayapaltan central office of the  BNP, the law enforcers also ‘confined Khaleda to her office’ on January 3 last around 11:30pm, about 36 hours before her party-led 20-party’s much-hyped January-5 rally in the city to mark ‘Democracy Killing Day’ to protest the 05 January 2014 polls that her BNP and its allies boycotted.

15 days after confinement, police withdrew their barricade from in front of BNP chairperson’s Gulshan office. Khaleda had held a press conference on the day 19 January. On Sunday BNP standing committee member Nazrul Islam Khan, Khaleda’s adviser Abdul Quayum, her press secretary Maruf Kamal Khan who has been staying at the Gulshan office also left at around 10am.

BNP vice chairman Selima Rahman, Khaleda’s special assistants Shamsur Rahman Shimul Biswas, Mahbub Al Amin Dew and Mohila Dal general secretary Shirin Sultana left the office in Khaleda’s motorcade. – UNB


Comments are closed.