News update
  • NCP Vows to Contest All 300 Seats in Upcoming Polls     |     
  • Trump's Tariff Hike: How will it affect Bangladesh?     |     
  • Myanmar: UN chief for urgent access as quake toll mounts     |     
  • AI’s $4.8 tn future: UN warns of widening digital divide      |     
  • Volker Turk warns of increasing risk of atrocity crimes in Gaza     |     

5-member probe body formed over Faridpur road crash

Tk 5 lakh for families of deceased, Tk 3 lakh for injured victims

Special Correspondent Accidents 2024-04-16, 4:54pm

accident-probe-3c4ab607821f819c6f51b039b7c61d8c1713264881.jpg

5-member probe body formed over Faridpur road crash



Faridpur, Apr 16 - A five-member probe body was formed to investigate the Faridpur accident that claimed the lives of 13 people on Tuesday.

Deputy Commissioner Md Quamrul Hasan Talukdar said local administration formed the probe body and asked it to submit its report within three working days.

Meanwhile, the government will provide Tk 5 lakh each to the family members of the deceased while Tk 3 lakh each for those injured in the accident, he said.

Besides, Tk 20,000 will be provided for burial purposes, he added.

Earlier in the day, at least 13 people including six women and two children were killed and 15 others injured in a head-on collision between a bus and a pickup van on the Dhaka-Khulna highway in Sadar upazila.

All the victims were passengers of the pickup van although carrying passengers in pickup vans or trucks is prohibited in the country.

The deceased included five members of a family.

Eleven people died on the spot, and two died after being taken to the hospital. The injured were taken to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical College (BSMMC) in Faridpur.-UNB