Friday , November 15 2019
Home / News / Accidents / Kitchen Gas cylinder fire kills woman in Chandpur
ad
Kitchen Gas cylinder fire kills woman in Chandpur

Kitchen Gas cylinder fire kills woman in Chandpur

Chandpur, May 27 (UNB) – A woman was killed in a fire that originated from a gas cylinder explosion at Laxmipur village in Matlab Dakkhin upazila on Sunday evening.

The deceased was identified as Milon Begum, 50 wife of Mostafa Mia of the village.

Locals said the fire originated around 7pm after the gas cylinder exploded at the kitchen.

Milon Begum was burned alive as she tried to bring out valuables defying warning, said officer-in-charge of Matlab Dakkhin Police Station Iqbal Hossain.

On information, firefighters rushed in and brought the fire under control after one hour, he said, adding that they recovered the charred body of the woman.

adadad