News update
  • Myanmar: UN chief for urgent access as quake toll mounts     |     
  • AI’s $4.8 tn future: UN warns of widening digital divide      |     
  • Volker Turk warns of increasing risk of atrocity crimes in Gaza     |     
  • Ultimate goal is to join ASEAN as full member, says Dr Yunus      |     
  • South Korea President Yoon Suk Yeol removed from office      |     

National Emergency Service 999 resumes after 8-day closure

GreenWatch Desk Security 2024-08-13, 12:38pm

download-1-e5e633f8bd2b3ce37d24fe84a60c03bb1723531119.jpeg




The National Emergency Service 999 has fully resumed from Tuesday after being closed for eight days, confirmed the media division of the Police Headquarters.

The service had been shut down since August 5 due to the absence of police members. They have now returned to work, and as a result, the national emergency service 999 has been reactivated, it said.
The National Emergency Service includes ambulance, police, fire, and crime-related assistance.
If someone is in danger and calls for help, they must provide specific information. Based on that information, a police officer from the nearest police station contacts the person. Necessary actions are then taken based on the information provided, reports UNB.