CMM testifies blogger Rajeeb murder case

CMM testifies blogger Rajeeb murder case


Rajeeb murder (15-11)
Court Correspondent

Magistrate Asaduzzaman Nur of the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court of Dhaka, who recorded the confessional statement of Mufti Mohammad Jasim Uddin Rahmani, accused in the blogger Rajeeb murder case, yesterday (Sunday) testified in the same case.Judge Sayed Ahammed of Dhaka’s Speedy Trial Tribunal-3 recorded the depositions of Magistrate Nur. Earlier, he recorded the confessional statement of Ansarullah Bangla Team chief Saikhul Hadith Mufti Jasim Uddin under Section 184 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. Although, he did not admit his involvement in the murder, but other accused said that he asked them to kill victim Rajeeb. Defence lawyer Faruque Ahmed cross-examined Magistrate Nur. The defence lawyers cross-examined him for more than an hour and with this the number witnesses, who testified rose to 25. The total number of witnesses in the case is 55. The court fixed November 16 to record the depositions of other witnesses.

Fugitive Redwanul Azad Rana, 30, who hails from Joylaskar of Dagan-Bhuiya upazila in Feni has been identified as the main planner of murder. Other seven accused of the case are- Md Faisal Bin Nayem Deep, 22, of Khilkhet Chowdhurypara of Dhaka, Md Ehsanul Reza Rumman, 23, of Porapara village under Moheshpur upazila of Jenidah, Maksudul Hasan Anik, 23 of village Dhaleswar under Keraniganj Police Station of Dhaka, Nayem Irad, 19 of Collegepara in Brahmanbaria, Nafiz Imtiaz, 22 of village Haramia under Sandwip upazia of Chittagong, Sadman Yasir Mahmud, 20 of Bhutergani in Kalabagan Police Station of Dhaka city and fugitive Rana. Except Mufti Jasim, other accused persons were students at Electrical, Electronic and Electrical and Telecommunication Department of North South University.

DB Police Inspector Nibaron Chandra Barman submitted the charge sheet of the case to the court against the eight accused on January 28, 2014.

Blogger architect Rajeeb Haider was hacked to death in front his residence in Pallabi area of the city on February 15, 2013. His father Dr Nazim Uddin filed the case with Pallabi Police Station in the capital.


Comments are closed.